How Artificial Vertical Gardens and Green Walls work:
- Order the desired number and dimension of hedge panels or vertical gardens to fit your wall, fence, or structure.
- Connect panels (if needed, they can be easily cut down to size using a pair of scissors and then joined with cable ties).
- Staple, tie, screw or adhere panels to fence or wall, making sure to securely attach them.
It’s that easy.
In minutes, you’ll transform your property by creating a green wall that requires absolutely no maintenance and looks great 365 days of the year. Plus 1 on leap year.
Watch our "HOW TO" videos
Watch Georgina teach you how to install artificial plant walls, green walls, vertical gardens and boxwood hedges onto a cyclone fence. Artificial Hedges instantly improve privacy and improve your property value.
Learn how to install your artificial hedges, vertical gardens and green walls + boxwood hedges or artificial wall plant with our quick video. Plus some bonus handy hints to assist you along the way.
Learn how to install artificial hedges on a masonry, brick and render wall or fence with our latest video starring our customer service guru Georgina.
See our 4 step guide to unfold your fake plant on arrival.
Do you have another surface in mind?
If you have another kind of wall that you are looking to attach a green wall to, please let us know today!
But as a general suggestion, if you can get a cable tie through the gaps of the fence or wall then consider using cable ties as these are a non-invasive, easy, and DIY method to attach too.
We also have a range of handy tools to assist with installing your fake hedge or green wall available here.
Please note that we have depicted various panels in this guide, including the boxwood hedge, however, all the non-metal backed panels are very similar with regards to their installation process.
How to install artificial hedges onto a timber fence?
- Connect the panels together.
- Cut the panels to the exact size required/
- Staple the boxwood mat, or other hedge design or vertical garden directly onto the fence by securing the plastic matting to the surface
Note: We would recommend that for each green wall panel (1m x 1m) you staple 4 staples across the top and then 3 rows of 4 more staples to ensure secure attachment.
How to install artificial hedges and green walls onto a metal fence?
- Attach timber beams vertically to the metal fence spaced at intervals of around 40cm. You can then add a horizontal beam across the top and bottom by attaching it to the vertical posts.
- Attach the hedge panel or vertical garden / green wall to the timber beams, or directly into the fence using a screw and washer. We would suggest attaching the panels using around 12 screws + washers per meter panel of green wall.
- Continue to join each panel using the clips and repeat step two ensuring to securely fasten your artificial hedge or green wall directly to the timber supports.
Note: You may also choose to attach your plant wall directly into the metal using a metal screw and washer combination, however, please note that this may not be suitable as the screws are likely to poke though into your neighbours property!
Please note that the timber can be attached at the top and bottom (using the capping) of the fence to avoid screws going through the metal and being exposed on the other side.
How to clean or maintain an artificial green wall?
If you’ve installed an artificial green wall recently or want to learn more about their maintenance, before you purchase one – read up on what you need to clean or maintain for your new faux green wall. After all, the more love and care you give your space, the longer it lasts.
So easy! Order your hedges and vertical gardens online
Premium Natural Buxus Hedge Panels UV Resistant SAMPLE$0.00 Including GST ADD TO CART
Premium Natural Buxus Hedge Panels UV Resistant 1m x 1m
or 4 payments of $22.25 with AfterpayADD TO CART
Jasmine Hedge Screen Green Wall Panel UV Resistant 100cm x 100cm
or 4 payments of $19.99 with AfterpayADD TO CART