Who are the It Kids of the artificial plant world? We’ve looked at our sales for 2022, crunched the numbers, and added it all up – and we’ve come up with a clear winner.
2022 was a year in which the effects of the pandemic still lurked in the corners of our lives. Working from home remained ‘the new normal’ for many, and the economic outlook wasn’t all that rosy. On the other hand, it’s also been a year where consumer trends clearly showed a conscious shift towards taking greater care of our environment.
Our sales results reflect those trends, with eco-friendly artificial vertical gardens, green walls, and hedging taking up the top 9 spots in our Designer Plants leaderboard for 2022.
Advantages Of Artificial Plants
We are pleased that the years of research into sustainable and recyclable materials have paid off. The Designer Plants range of artificial green walls has been recyclable for some time, but we’ve gone a step further and now offer a range of plants – and modern pots – made from recycled materials.
It’s our way of reducing our carbon footprint, and our customers clearly appreciate it.
But these are not the only advantages you get when decorating with fauxliage. Here are four good reasons why artificial green walls are so on-trend:
- Instant beautification and privacy: They already come in the right size – you won’t have to wait for years until they reach the ideal height or volume.
- Flexibility: You can use faux greenery in areas where real plants may not survive, and you can easily rearrange them to change the look and feel of a space.
- No seasonal limitations: You can enjoy fake blooms and plants all year round, regardless of the weather or the season. Want to decorate with tropical plants even when there’s snow on the windowsill? Not a problem!
- Durability: High-quality artificial plants are durable and made to withstand the Australian climate – the plants listed below are UV resistant. Panels are super easy to install and won’t need water, soil, fertiliser or pruning. They don’t need a green thumb or any gardening tools to look good.
Top 9 Artificial Plants of 2022
With all the numbers we’ve crunched for the entirety of 2022, we can tell you it was a close contest between all these products. And frankly, they’re all winners in our eyes! But we have to choose our Top 9, without further ado, here they are:
9. Wild tropics vertical garden/ green wall
Sitting in 9th place, this green wall will bring the tropical holiday feel to your home with an extra few pops of colour. It’s UV-engineered and comes in easy-to-install 1m x 1x hedge panels – the perfect DIY weekend project.
8. Luxury lush spring recycled vertical garden / green wall
What a lush-looking vertical garden! The combination of artificial ferns, faux grasses, and buxus gives it form and interest and makes it an evergreen wall that looks stunning indoors or outdoors. This one is made from recycled material with care and the environment in mind.
7. Mediterranean Fern Vertical Garden / Green wall
This is another green beauty. It’s incredibly dense and made with UV-engineered material, which makes it the perfect green screen for patios, balconies, and fences. Not sure how many panels you need? This handy calculator will do the math.
6. Jasmine Hedge Screen Green Wall Panel
This is another very popular hedge panel that will give you dense-green foliage. Perfect if you want to create privacy or instantly green up an otherwise bland wall. The Jasmin hedge is versatile, lightweight, and narrow and works well in areas where available space is at a premium.
5. Luxury spring sensation hedge screen green wall
We’ve arrived at number 5 of our 2022 top sellers. The Luxury spring sensation hedge screen is another beautiful, high-quality option for indoor or outdoor spaces. This lovely, lightweight hedge screen is often used to add greenery around a pool area without the hassle of fishing dead leaves out of the water but looks equally stunning as an indoor green wall.
4. Luxury country fern recycled vertical garden
Sitting in respectable 4th place is this vertical garden panel. It’s made up of various faux plants, giving it an interesting texture and colour palette. You’ll find little pops of white and shades of yellow and burgundy make this a really versatile vertical garden panel.
3. Luxury White Oasis Vertical Garden / green wall
This modern vertical garden definitely deserves a podium place. The small white petals here and there give this lush foliage a timeless look and visual appeal that will pair well with any style, whether in an indoor or outdoor setting. As with all our high-quality fauxliage, panels are easy to assemble, and you can cut them to fit any size.
2. Luxury Snow White Vertical Garden / green wall
White seems to be the colour du jour. The second place goes to an artificial vertical garden panel similar to the third-placed Luxury White Oasis. Its lush-looking fauxliage has a slightly different combination of grasses and leaves and somewhat more prominent white petals, lending it more contrast. However, you will get the same high-quality, UV-engineered materials to ensure you can enjoy your vertical garden for a long time.
1. Luxury green tropics vertical garden / green wall
Well, there can only be one. And the Luxury Green Tropics vertical garden panel has come out as our customers’ clear winner. Holding onto its top position for 2 years in a row, this is an entirely green panel is sprinkled with a selection of artificial plants and grasses. It is absolutely perfect for making a design statement indoors or outdoors., in an office, on a balcony, or at home. Talk about versatility!
What’s the right vertical garden for your space?
There’s so much to choose from. For inspiration and interior design ideas, head to our Lifestyle Hub or feast your eyes on our Gallery. We’ve gathered our favourite fauxliage ideas and a lot of tips on keeping your artificial plants looking their best for a long time.
And if in doubt, the team at Designer Plants will always be happy to discuss options and help you choose the right vertical garden panels for your space.